1000 Main Street
The earliest beginnings of this school were in one-room schoolhouses scattered throughout the region. The Eastern Shore Missionary Baptist Academy, a school for African-American children founded in 1889 by the Reverend S. B. Bracy, consolidated these small schoolhouses. Reverend Bracy was a renowned African American Christian leader and educator who has been called a “Man of Men.” In 1916, the Academy was deeded to the state and county and approved for public funding; the name was changed to the Eastern Shore Industrial School and later, in 1927, to the Baldwin County Training School. In the 1960’s, with integration of the school systems, the name was changed to the Daphne Intermediate School.