1506 Main Street
Built in 1897, this building has been the home of several prominent citizens, including Charles Edward Coster, a steamboat engineer. In 1913, Mr. Coster built the first gasoline-powered bay boat for the town’s own trade; his daughter, Irene, christened it the Daphne. In 1939, this building served as a temporary schoolhouse until the Daphne Elementary School 9 was built. The original school bell is displayed in the main entry of this building.