Daphne Pottery

Dryer Avenue at Third Street

In the 1830ís this business was built as a cotton gin by William B. Patterson who operated it until his death.   2    In 1930, as the cotton industry waned in this area, it was converted into the Daphne Pottery Company, which manufactured turpentine cups (used to collect sap in the local pine forests) and other wares.