1707 Sixth Street
This was the original Daphne Fire Station. Daphne’s Volunteer Fire Department was officially organized in 1954. When a call was received, Leonard “Red” Trione (who lived next door) faithfully started the fire truck engine to have it warmed up for the volunteer firemen. When the alarm sounded, dedicated men from all walks of life and from all corners of town dropped their tools, jumped into cars or trucks, turned on their flashing emergency lights, and sped to the firehouse to answer the call—–a neighbor was in need.