Macedonia Baptist Church
902 Daphne Avenue
This community has been aptly described as “steadfast, unmovable, and always abounding in God’s work.” Founded during the Reconstruction Era in 1878, this place of worship was established by a far-sighted group of citizens under the leadership of Reverend A. A. Williams, the first pastor. Over the years, through good times and hard times, this church has held fast in serving the needs of its congregation and of the community. The original church has been renovated several times to keep pace with its growth. On the west side of this church, a wishing well marks the site of the original community water well which was dug in 1904. The original church faced this wishing well.